Saturday, July 19, 2014

Who is Slenderman ??

We've all heard of the stabbing by now and it makes my blood run cold to know that some weak minded people have taken this meme to heart. 

But like most things I do, I really like to study a matter and break down a thing. I guess because I'm trying to make sense of it all or I'm trying to understand it. 

Nevertheless, out of all the Slender man pictures I've seen, there is one that totally takes the cake.Why? I don't know. But it really plays on the psyche. My co-worker glimpsed this photo on TV and went to bed that night and had nightmares all night long.

Well of course when she told me the next day, I laughed. Well I wasn't exactly laughing at her, more like with her. As a child, I battled scary dreams and things that go bump in the night, up until I reached adulthood. And now even still, those old ghost will occasionally rear their ugly heads. 

But then I have to remind myself that none of it is real and all of it is only a figment of my imagination and the only entities I should fear in this life are the ones living, breathing and thinking. 

Nevertheless, that strange side of my brain always wants to speak to me. Beckoning me, calling me back to who I was, and the ear I loaned it when I was little. Well, like I said in an earlier post, I now embrace the darkness. But the darkness is not deathly its enchanting. It's mystical. It's romantic. 

It looks like this...
Article: “History And East Asian Tradition Of Landscape Art” and Rare Sellection of Landscape Pictures | Take a Quick Break

photos courtesy of pinterest


or this...

will always remind me of a certain mountain road we used to walk....

photo courtesy of pintest


Magical isn't it? At any moment I'd expect to see a fairey flickering its tiny wings.

Well anyway, this is what I've turned my dark world into. And even if I reveal a portion of this enchanting realm that is a little darker, you can believe that I still have power over it.

So what am I trying to say? OK here goes. This particular picture of Slender man is the worst of them all.







Why you might ask? It's just a stupid photo !!

Yeah, you're right. It is. But for people like myself and many others whose brain has an ear for the dark side. An entire story has leaped off the page.

Well what story is that? 

If I look at this picture long enough. This kid will start to talk to me. OK so that's weird. What is she saying? 

This is the story. She has no friends. Slender man is her only friend. When she first met him, she was afraid of him. But now she has come to know him, she is not afraid of him at all. Actually he takes care of her. When she's at school, she always the odd ball. She's the lonely weird girl no one wants to talk to. She invisible. But when she's with Slender man she's visible. He hears her. He listens to her. And that's what she wants. That's all she wants is acceptance. But what she doesn't realize about Slender man is that,  he really isn't her friend. He is an embodiment of all her nemesis in school. He doesn't love her. He's only interested in what he can get out of her. He uses her to do his bidding because without the power she gives him, he wouldn't exist at all. The disturbing thing is, the more she hangs around him, she becomes more and more like him. Cold, callous and embodying all the evil she once loathed. That's what these entities do. That's how they suck you in. They pretend to care. They lead you to a ditch and let you fall...

So that's it. When I stare at this picture, that's the synopsis I get. To me, Slender man represents the bad angel. The one who feeds your anger, turns a knife in your wounds, tells you no one else loves you. And then when he's done. He'll drop you. Just like all the others who came before you. 

But we have to be smarter than that and write our own happy endings even if it seems impossible in reality. Don't let your personal Slenderman gain power over you. If you believe in the "happily ever after" ideal. Hold to that! It's yours. Claim it ! Take it! Because the universe certainly won't hand it to you on a silver platter.

Have a great one peeps !!

And remember write your own happy endings !!

Windsong  by Phil~Koch

photo courtesy of pinterest






No comments:

Post a Comment