Saturday, July 26, 2014

Not Speaking to God ??

Is it possible for me to not speak to God??

Hmm... well let's say I've tried and in so doing, I find myself in conversation with him anyway. And how is that? Well take a look at this.

Even if I try to ignore him, he's here...
Golden Sunset    by XipnosS Fascinating Nature Photography

or here...
Stretch Ilmajoki, Finland


or here...

by peter holme iii on Fivehundredpx


And why wouldn't I want to talk to God you might ask? Well for many reasons. Too many reasons to list on this board. And besides, some of them are personal. I can't tell anybody! But the funny thing is, when I decide that I'm done petitioning with heaven, I'll usually turn my attention to his many creations and in these creations, I still see him!

Funny huh? Yeah I thought so too when this idea popped in my head earlier today. It is impossible for me to ignore him!! Whenever I think I am looking away from him, I'm still staring at him in a different form. And that form may be, the sunset, trees, a beautiful landscape, another person...

ut hum... (clearing my throat) !!

magazine photos henry carvil | Do Adele & Henry Cavill Have In Common With Chris Brown? Henry Cavill ...

It could be anything. 

Zora Neale Hurston wrote a novel called 'Their Eyes Were Watching God' I had to read this novel in school and guys I'm telling you. I just couldn't get in to it. It's funny because if someone makes me read something I have a hard time doing it. If I am on my own, I'm OK. 

Well years later, this novel was adapted into a movie starring Halle Berry and it was at this time that I took notice of the film. But the funny thing about the story was I always wondered what the title meant. And to be honest, to this day; I'm still not sure. I can only guess and it brings me to this point. 

If 'their eyes were watching God', who were the characters in the story looking at each other?? I mean that's all I saw. The novel was basically a love story about a younger man and a older woman falling in love. 

So that brings me to this point. Although, I try to ignore God because things are just not going in a way I'd like, I still find myself turning to him for comfort. Whether it be in someone else's art, or a stranger on the street smiling or someone just being kind to me.

It's like where ever I go. He's there. So I have decided to just talk to him on my level. And that's in the sunset or the moonlight, or clouds, or birds or whatever...

Just thinking out loud ya'll. Have a great one!!


Beautiful
photos courtesy of pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment