Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Big Bad Wolf


Well this isn't exactly about the big bad wolf, but it was disturbing just the same. When I was little, I always slept with my grandma when I stayed at her house. That was our routine. That's the way it was and I loved it. 

Remember I had a huge fear of the dark and there was no way I was going to sleep in a room by myself. Heaven forbid !!!

But anyway, one particular night, my mom did not let me spend the night with my grandma. Why? I don't know. I think she was mad at her. 

So my mom took me to one of her friends house so they could go out to the club. I thought something weird was going on because the entire time we were at my mom's friends house, I kept telling my mom I wanted to go home. And she wouldn't say anything. 

Well the clock kept ticking. And before I knew it, the sun was setting. Later on I found out my mom was going to the club with her friend and I had to stay with my mom's friends mother.

Man I was so mad !!!

Why not just let me stay with my own grandma? Oh gosh. Every time I think about it now, I get mad. But hey that's what happens when grown ups feud and the kids are caught in the middle. 

Well after my mom left, we stayed up for a while and watched TV and then later on the old lady decided she was sleepy and wanted to go to bed. Man, here we go. I wasn't use to sleeping with nobody but my own grandma!!

We finally went to bed and that lady had a gallon of blankets on the bed. It was heavy as heck. I didn't sleep the entire night. The room was dark and unfamiliar. I was in complete misery. Beside's when I was with my grandma, she'd always open the curtain to let a little light from the street lamp in the room. 

Right now I can't remember if this lady did that or not. Either way it didn't matter because nothing was going to soothe my misery. I just wanted to leave. 

Do you see how this kid is looking at the wolf, posing as her grandma? That's how I felt. LOL...



No comments:

Post a Comment