Saturday, July 19, 2014

Afraid of the Dark...

As a child, I dreaded night time. It was horrible. I always thought something was in the hallway. I often imagined some creepy ghoule was going to grab me from the shadows and eat me. And there I was eternally trapped in the bowels of his belly.

Fortunately, I did escape most of my childhood fears and I am now an adult. As you can see the boogie man didn't get me. LOL

But that is not to say that some elements of the dark still don't occasionally frighten me. It does! But I guess you can say I made peace with the dark. Instead of running from it, I embraced it. 

I welcomed the mystery in the shadows and the light mist that danced around the trees like florescent veils. The glow of the moon was no longer creepy but enchanting...



photo courtesy of pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment